Tuesday, September 08, 2009

the tuesday that is monday

dont you love tuesdays that are mondays?

i guess for me they dont really matter right now but on the 14th they just might start to matter ALOT. and i mean, ALOT... because by this time next week its possible that I'll be at work. Possible, not definate. my appointment is the 14th, on monday. less than a week.

i am both excited and mournful over going back to work. i guess i'd be more excited if i knew it wasn't going to be such an insane mess when I get back because you see, Pic isn't working there anymore. Pic went over her 3 mo of FMLA and she was told she'd have to re-apply and I think that Pic really didn't want to come back even tho she was sayin she wanted to come back... she was just making up excuses to not come back and was hoping that some how they'd keep extending her? who knows, i don't... i care not to speculate. i just know that if its JUST ME it's gonna be hard for me to get time off work for vacations, etc... this makes me sad! and there really needs to be 2 of me! there does. when its busy and we have huge conferences i can't do them all by myself. i tried when Pic was on maternity leave and it was hard and stressful and i don't want to have to go through that again!!!

So the whole office is supose to be doing my job. my job divided amongst 5 people and they have a helper from another department suposedly filing... and from what i hear NOTHING is being done... its all SO behind! but i don't know for sures exactly what's going on. i've gotten bits and peices of information from each member of my office but its a puzzle i'm trying to put together and the one that is coming together is a huge jumbled mess that i'm going to have to clean up.

AGAIN

that i'm going to have to clean up AGAIN. because when I first transfered from the one department to this department my subdepartment of the department was a huge mess. with my organizational skillz i got that shit straightened up and with Savannah's help we got some policies and stuff straight and ya know we were running pretty smooth.

the whole idea was that Pic would be on maternity leave and when she got back I'd have my surgery in the winter so she'd be able to keep her part time hours. well you know my body wasn't having none of that and I started to go more and more numb and the nerves were getting pretty bad and I had to have my surgery. well she was supose to be back the monday after the friday that was my last day. and she didn't come back. and it seems that she's NOT coming back. so when I go back its just going to be me. and like always i'll only get criticism and no support from Homer.

this makes me sad to go back to work to these conditions. if the doc indeed releases me to go back i'm going to request he make it the 21st so i can have a few days to start waking up and "getting ready" to get myself back into a routine and see how best to go about this whole thing will be...

i can't even put on my own damn shoes and socks! i wear my flip flops and sandals when possible because of this!!! its not easy putting on my underwear and pants but i know these are not reasons to stay at home from work. I am embarassed by the brace. I admit that totally. I am so embarassed by this thing!!

ok i need to just breathe and i'm going to go veg out on my soaps... damnit i don't wanna go to work but i want to go back!

5 comments:

  1. I hate that feeling when you're gone and nothing is getting done. I've had that happen to me and it's awful. People make me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is going on with you. Take that crazy ass bitch persona and go take riegn at the job. By now they have realized that they can not function without you. If they tried to replace you it would cost money.

    They could possibly do a training from within but again it takes time and money.

    People with skills are hard to come by. I was told once "You have skills that can't be taught, ever." Same goes for you sweets.

    I am going to shut up now because that is my Achilles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was in your shoes, I would try and not even think about work, it will just stress you out!!! You can always worry about it when you go back=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bayjb: unfortunatly even when Pic WAS there when I went on vacation earlier this year I still felt like nothing was done while I was gone... I know 90% of the filing wasn't done and then they were so far behind it was insane and I was only gone 2 weeks!

    Lyn: you don't ever have to shut up on my blog. speak what you want sweety!! and i know i'm gonna bust in there and fuck thier whole world up and get shit done, its just the whole "omigod i have to do this again?!" that's irritating me... I love my job, I LOVE what I do ... but I think even a temp would have been great to try and fill my shoes a LITTLE bit when they found out Pic wasn't coming back would have been nice! atleast then there would be 1 person soley devoted to doing my job.

    Kat: I didn't think about work at all until I realized that I might be going back soon... It was like a nice long vacation for me... And I've tried a few days and it kills me to stand up and sit at the computer, I've tried to do what I do at work "sit for 30 mins stand up walk to printer sit for 10 minutes stand up walk to printer rinse and repeat sit for an hour stand up walk to printer..." this whole up/down was killing me and sitting in this damn chair kills me. I know we need the money but I honestly don't know if I'm physically ready to go back altho mentally I know i am...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm kind of posting backwards, but girl...you need to remain calm. Deep breathing and meditation....Hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!