Sunday, September 06, 2009

I'll Take "Things That Are Broken" for $1,000 Please, Alex!

it all started lastnight when I was shaving Taranis' head. midshave the shaver stopped working! omigod it was so funny i laughed myself into a muscle spasm it was soooo hilarious! i thought we were going to have to either A: go to a hair cuttery place and have them finish it off (what a hilarious adventure that would have been) or B: go to the wally world and buy a new one.... leave to the genius to have me use his beard/mustache trimmer to finish it off which means i had to redo his whole head because it shaves closer...

i'm sure its not as hilarious to you as it was to me but the thought of him going to a barbershop to get his hair finished just cracks me the fuck up!!! can you see it?? 1/2 way shaved half is head is bald and the other has hair and he walks in and takes his hat off and says "can you finish this" lol omigod i'm laughing so hard inside right now!!

we went to the Woodfield Mall today to do our bridal registry at Sears. they had 1 scanner and it didn't work!! after, oh 30-45 minutes of hell we decided to go to the Stratford Square Mall that's also got a K-Mart near it. Our goal today was Sears and K-Mart... We like the SSM better than WFM.

While at K-Mart we're walking around and notice they have Halloween stuff out. Ok, no problemo! And we're looking at it and we hear Christmas music... WTF! They have a WHOLE huge section of Christmas out already.... I can't believe it. Its not even nearly close to Thanksgiving yet and here they have Christmas out!

This just proves my point and every year they break this crap out earlier and earlier. Next thing we know they'll just sell Christmas crap year round! However, I do admit, I can't wait until it is the month of December so we can buy a few ornaments and go to the Kringle Market downtown again! That was a blast!!!

Does anyone even buy Christmas decor this early???

6 comments:

  1. My sister works in a craft store and as soon as she put all the Halloween decor out she had to start on the Christmas decor. It's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It bugs the crap out of me that they rush Christmas, because by the time it does get here so many of us are over it! Ugh. Of course it doesn't help me that I am not a Christmas fan...just not my thing... :(

    As for the hair-cut...LMFAO!!!! Ha-ha... That reminds me of right after I had the munchkin my man wanted me to cut his hair. I don't cut hair...I suck at it. I kept telling him that, but he promised me that I couldn't screw it up. He wanted a high and tight. Well, w/i the first run of the razor I had screwed it up royally and since we were on our way to his work picnic he had to shave his entire head. LOL. Needless to say no one, including my man, has asked me to cut any hair since! Hell...I don't even trim my bangs! So much for being a cosmotologist's daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs & kisses! Need I say more? I will. Contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, that would have been hilarious! Good thing he's so resourceful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hair thing is hilarious! i would not have been able to stop laughing to accompany him to the barber!! As for holidays, I wish they would stop rushing it. Christmas does not need to start in October. Give Halloween and Thanksgiving their fair due!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mejis: when I worked at WallyWorld it was the same way, i feel her pain!

    j'lynn: yea, i try my damndest to stear clear of the xmas section until december or atleast until after thanksgiving. it was a family tradition to put ours up on thanksgiving night and decorate the day after. while i'm not a huge "christmas" fan i am a huge fan of family and spending time with them and any excuse i can use to give to my love'd ones is a great one!! --i can shave his head with an electric shaver but beyond that i'm helpless.

    Lyn: done, just sent you an email

    LiLu: yes, good thing he is! a new shaver was NOT in the budget this month. I can't wait to go back to work!!!

    Dani: if he indeed had to have gone to the barber i don't think i could have gone either i would have been laughing the whole way there. and yes, they do need to give the other holidays thier fair share. as it stands they mix thanksgiving and halloween together and that just really grinds my gears!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!