Saturday, September 19, 2009

Stephen King feeds my Paranoia

If you have not yet read the book "The Stand" by Stephen King I highly recommend you go and either borrow it from the library or buy it. I suggest you buy it because it is a very large volume. And don't go for the original version buy his newer released expanded edition. After a month (i've only been reading at night for a few hours before bed) I've finally finished it... wow. no: WOW.. wow

And then when you get done reading that, I suggest you buy all 7 volumes of "The Dark Tower" series and read them. I'm about to begin my 3rd? 4th? I'm not sure anymore... but I'm going to go and read that series again... I can't help it, I'm drawn to Roland and his gang more than ever before!

Ya know how people where "so scared" by the Swine Flu? yea, try out Captain Trips ... Swine Flu gots nothing on that Project Blue. And yet somehow I still refused to be immunized on my last Drs visit... I wonder if a dark subconcious thing that MAYBE the characters & survivors were not immunized from flu strains in King's books... I guess I'll never know. Its not like Mr. King will put a note on my post here or shoot me an email or even find me and call me and invite me to have my own personal sit down with him.

Altho (and please do not say i'm crazy because I already know this) I feel an even more urgent fear now to get out of massive populated areas. A strong urge and desire to go more south where fruits and vegetables can grow mostly year round... An urge to make sure my home is equipped to handle a plaque of massive destruction in which 90% of the population dies and what is left is a ramshackle group of folks that don't know how to turn the power back on once it goes off...

No, I do not envision myself as a real life "Mother Abagail" but I am afraid for the world we live in... Blame it on the drugs I take or blame it on the fact that I'm alone all day long or blame it on my insane love of Stephen King and how his writing seems to capture me and wont let me go...

But I think that subconsciously whether he knows it or not... He's on to something... Maybe I should say "Nostradamous got nothing on Mr. King!".....

2 comments:

  1. My man loves Stephen King! I mean like...love, love, loves him! I sent him the entire series of Dark Tower. He would like read them in a day or two! I will have to see if he has read "The Stand" and if not...watch out Christmas! ;)

    I too am afraid of the whole crazy world crashing, so if you find that place where you can survive, please let me know...I may be joining y'all! BTW, you aren't crazy for thinking that way either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dark Tower series, obviously if one looks at my screen name. lol
    I haven't read The Stand in forever. It does give one something to think about in these times.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!