Sunday, September 20, 2009

hidden death...

if i'm a little choked up you'll have to forgive me...

i was given a plant (by another feline owner) as a "get well" gesture. this person was Homer... now I'm sure she didn't mean any ill will towards my own felines but I googled the plant today to find out how to make the flowers come back and how to properly care for it...

its deadly to cats.

i've had this plant in my home for 2 months. right where the babies could get to it... i can't express how wordless I am that they didn't try and eat or get at it...

i will NEVER let another plant in my house without googling it first... needless to say, we're getting rid of the plant. and i'm thankful they didn't get into the plant and get sick or worse die.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure she didn't know that it was poisonous to cats. A lot of people don't know that some house plants are deadly to animals, and people even, if ingested. Glad the kitties didn't try to eat it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!