Saturday, June 27, 2009

no surprise

that my relationship with my employer and with the state of illinois itself is close to being at an end. if i lose my job, we will move said Taranis. I just want to know how we'd keep paying our monthly payments on the furniture with no jobs... i'm not giving it back...

i have had it with this state. i have had it with the people. and i have had it with my employer --ok to be fair not really them just the bullshit that's going on in my department...

i want to know how i could have sat there and been the good one trying to be curteous and trying to be polite when SHE has blatantly been rude and ugly to me!

example:
Wednesday we had someone leave the company after putting in 2 weeks notice. While Homer and others (not from our department) were out sending her a fairwell party we got a phone call from one of the supervisors that a bride was there to drop off money... well, everyone in the other departments that would know the bride was at the party because it was one of them that was leaving...

Savannah said "bring it over here we'll take care of it..." so the supervisor brings the bride and her mom over and i print out all the information they have so far on what they want and how much deposits they've met so far. this is thier final balance so they will paying all of it right now... we go through the numbers and they are just so happy that they are just the most wonderful people. and i went through our policies on overages with them just to make sure and she said no problem they'll most likely have overages when they extend the bar. she's already expecting to!! AWESOME! :)

so i take her money and give her everything i printed out for her records and told her i'd email her a receipt with the final invoice and she said that was wondferful.

i then go to my computer and send out an email to the wedding coordinator, Homer (who has been hounding wc for money from this bride) and i copied our executive admin assistant who processes all checks to let them know its in and to expect it... i also copy Savannah on it because she's the one who sent them to me and i wanted her to know it was done...

Homer gets back an hour or so ish later and since then Savannah has forwarded my message to Monte saying "i wanted you to be aware of this, Blaez was very professional and handled the bride and MOB very well! i wanted you to know an example of what i was talking about when i said i believe she'll go far if just given the opportunities for success" she also forwarded this to Homer, big mistake... ontop of everyone in the office exclaiming how wonderful and professional i was...

Homer analyzed my email for hours it seemed she read it and read it and tried to pick on me about it i mean the stupidest things she was getting on to me about... likie reviewing the polices of the overages with me... what?! are you kidding me??

and thursday the same thing!! i was in inventory hell all day long doing 2 inventories (where she did NONE) and i was in severe pain so she took it upon herself to take invoices off my desk i wasn't finished with and tried to do them herself and came up to me saying "you missed this and this and this".... HELLO! i wasn't done with them yet!! they were "sitting" on my desk instead of in the wirerack... that means something and you know it!

then at the very end of the day where i was rushing to get out i left my standard VM greeting "thank you for calling the PLACEIWORK acctgcmd. you have reached the desk of Blaez. i appologize but i will be out of the office until Monday June 29th. Please leave a detailed message and i'll return your call. If you need immediate assistance please dial "0" and the operator will assist in finding someone to help you. Thank you and have a great Weekend!!"

in lighting flash speeds i've never seen anyone move before Homer is at my desk saying "change it. change it to have them say it to go to me, change it right now". i asked her why. i said "my standard has never been an issue" and she said "it is now, change it right now. right now."

oh my god.

i tried to reason with her that its just 1 day. 99% of the time people don't call on the weekends they expect us to be out. and if they did call on the weekend this time don't you think they'll be a little upset because they were told to call you and YOU are not in??

reluctantly i changed it, she pulled rank "i am supose to be your supervisor you will change it to what i want..." and so the 10 minutes i sat there trying to reason with her were for nothing...

Monte nor Savannah said a word at the time but I have reason to think some shit's going down on Monday. And even if it means losing my insurance I guess I might just walk out... i'd rather deal with pain intead of having a relationship with someone who hates me.

is it my fault that i am better at my job than she ever could be? no
is it my fault that people in general love me and that includes Savannah? no
is it my fault that i have caught things they were doing that is wrong and Savannah is now making them do it right? no
is it my fault she hasn't grown with technology and stuck in the stone ages? no

what did she think? she'd hire this young bright and experienced person to do my job and i'd worship her skirttails and never think beyond what i was told??

i am sorry but once i learned my job and understood what i was doing (and honestly even before then, on the 1st day i was finding a more effecient and better way) i saw all kinds of mistakes and bad things.... if it was just me and Savannah going through the policies and procedures in my sub-department of acctgcmd i know we'd find alot more and our division would get a major overhaul.

i am SICK of being put down for my smartness and my abilities. i go above and beyond and i am never recognized for it... so sick of it.

the only person who acknowledges my successes is Savannah. and i'm gonna miss her when me and acctcmd is no more, but atleast we would have the chance to be friends at that point since i wouldn't be with the company anymore.

I’ve practiced this for hours, gone round and round
And now I think that I’ve got it all down
And as I say it louder I love how it sounds
Cause I’m not taking the easy way out
Not wrapping this in ribbons
Shouldn’t have to give a reason why…

It’s no surprise I won’t be here tomorrow
I can’t believe that I stayed till today
Yeah you and I will be a tough act to follow
But I know in time we’ll find this was no surprise

It came out like a river once I let it out
When I thought that I wouldn’t know how
Held onto it forever just pushing it down
Felt so good to let go of it now
Not wrapping this in ribbons
Shouldn’t have to give a reason why

It’s no surprise I won’t be here tomorrow
I can’t believe that I stayed till today
There’s nothing here in this heart left to borrow
There’s nothing here in this soul left to say
Don’t be surprised when we hate this tomorrow
God know we tried to find an easier way
Yeah you and I will be a tough act to follow
But I know in time we’ll find this was no surprise

Our favorite place we used to go
The warm embrace that no one knows
The loving look that’s left your eyes
That’s why this comes as no, as no surprise

If I could see the future and how this plays out
I bet it’s better than where we are now
But after going through this, it’s easier to see the reason why

It’s no surprise I won’t be here tomorrow
I can’t believe that I stayed till today
Yeah you and I will be a tough act to follow
But I know in time we’ll find this was no surprise

Our favorite place we used to go
The warm embrace that no one knows
The loving look that’s left your eyes
But I know in time we’ll find this was no surprise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!