Sunday, May 31, 2009

my birthday is coming up soon...

and we're going to have a small little gathering at our place...

the last "party" we tried to have last year for my birthday was a total bomb... well, not a total Bomb.. KRM showed up :) and that was awesome!!!

last year i gave out lots of invites (we had tons of parking available) and 1/4th of the people that RVSP'd actually showed up. Out of those 8 people the only person who's company we really enjoyed was KRMs. Others just wanted to get loud and obnoxious and drunk........ NOT TO MENTION that they were HOURS late!! Yes, HOURS as in 4 hours we were wrapping things up!!! We spent $200 on food and stuff for the party. We had expected about 20 People.

This year, I'm gonna try again... I have limited parking, we have 1 spot and the rest is street parking. Minus the garage, so we have 2 really...

KRM will be invited ofcourse and I'm gonna see if Candid Beauty and her man want to come over... Most likely will not invite anyone else over. But we'll see... They'll miss out on alot of Rock Band, Guitar Hero and good food if they don't!! my bday weekend is in 2 weeks.

Next weekend me and the man are going to a surprise place (its a surprise to me) and spend the night in a hotel and go hiking! YAY for my back feeling better :)

**update** i just sent out my invite.. and i invited new peoples and a few from last years'... we'll see if they show up this year, if not, its never again and i'm deleting them off FB and my email!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy hosting parties, but I dislike inviting people, so I rarely have them. I think there might be some fear of rejection, there. Hope you enjoy your birthday celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year's gathering was fun - it simply turned out to be a much smaller, more intimate gathering than originally planned.

    I will chat with my lovely bride about going up to the 'burg for this event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I couldn't even tell you the last time I had a bday party..I should this yr but I doubt I will...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!