Monday, May 11, 2009

i think i'm going to be sick...

all of you should know by now that i was raised by my dad. i've had a few stepmoms thrown in there for good measure, but basically it was me and daddy 70% of my life growing up.

i have come to the realization that i am not a rarity. when i was a kid 20 years ago it was i am sure? but now... oh my god.

the mothers that abandon thier kids. the fathers left to raise them. the mothers who are with drug addicted assholes who torment the kids and leave them scarred for life.

i was praying that i was the only one who went through that but i know that it was just naievity. and my wish that no one should know that kind of pain of not knowing thier mother...

as someone who wants nothing more in the world but to be a mother...... this truly makes me sick. completely ill to even......

how could you not want your child? how can you turn your back on your child? father or mother? how can you do that?!

it's one thing to give your child up for adoption, to give them a loving and caring and nurturing environment that you don't feel you can give them.

but its a whole other story to turn your back on them and abandon them.

2 comments:

  1. As a teacher, I see more and more dads raising their kids because mom has left to do ???? Sometimes it's for a guy, sometimes it's due to drugs, sometimes it's due to mental illness. But it's becoming more often in the 12 years I've been teaching. I have a difficult time understanding how ANY parent can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That hit a nerve. I understand completely. I was raised by my Dad and Step-mom whom I've always just referred to as Mom. She deserves it. She did what my "mother" failed to do, love me and raise me. I could never do that to my boys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!