Sunday, March 01, 2009

if i was pregnant, this would be ok

However, i am not pregnant, so it is not ok... What do you ask?? This tire around the center of my body and these saddlebags that have become my flat and not very "bubbly" ass.

I went through my closet today. Tried on every single piece of clothing. Its no longer full. Some of the clothes I tried on I cried. I bawled. I actually spent $50 on a pair of jeans 3 years ago and now I can't fit into them. Havn't been able to in a while actually. 2 of my favorite clubbing outfits, the "come and get em boys" that showed off my girls and my ass. My ass that use to be so fine. So fine my ass was.

And the really hard part, the MIND BOGGLING part of it all is... These clothes would fit me if it wasn't for the Tummy. WHY and shall I ask HOW is it that the Tummy got to be bigger and bigger slowly progressingly getting larger while the rest of my body stayed pretty much the same. My arms, Chest, Legs- they have expanded 2% of what my stomach has. That is alot of difference.

What makes our body do this? How can I reverse it so I can fit into my clothes again?

I am so frustrated right now with the meds and my back and my uterus and eating like a rabbit and never feeling satisfied and full. To eating the fruits and veggies and not having any real carbs or meats.

I should have lost more than 6 lbs total since January. I should have lost more than just 1 lb last month (which that doesn't count really). I was down almost 10 lbs. What the fuck happened? I know we had pizza a week ago but seriously, can 1 night of pizza really fuck me up that much? When I practically starve myself the rest of the time???

Medically, I think there is something else wrong with me or its the meds. I am going to have Doc run a full panel of everything in June. I will get to the bottom of this.

7 comments:

  1. i went on an internet scavenger hunt to try and piece together what i'm doing wrong with what i'm doing right.

    Right: fresh fruits, veggies, eggs, turkey, chicken, some fiber rich foods

    Wrong: White instead of Wheat Breads, Pastas and Rices. need more fiber rich foods.

    Unsure: the fats, if we're eating saturated or trans instead of not. we'll have to double check and make sure they are unsaturated and/or non trans.

    Need to: make sure we're low sodium and high fiber and eat breakfast. and sadly, more water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself about clothes not fitting. I can't fit into clothes from three years ago too. I have no idea why, especially after losing more weight, but still. Don't let this ruin your mood. It'll be okay. It's just time to refresh the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It very well could be the medicine you are on.

    I would recommend gettign some sort of exercise during the week if your body is up to it.

    When clothes don't fit it can be extremely frustrated, I've been there before. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh blaez... I empathize. Dub has a real issue with what he sees as a spare tire (I think he looks perfect as is) and I struggle with my own body image issues, often seeing things everyone else says are not there. ANYWAY. Some questions/tips for ya.

    First, your meds. Often psychotropics make most people gain weight. So, anything related to a mood medication can cause people to struggle with extra poinds. It's different for everyone though.

    Second, belly weight is often related to Cortisol, which is a stress hormone that goes nuts when you are under pressure. It specifically causes weight gain in the belly area. There are ways to help block cortisol. There is a suppliment called alli (which is just like my name only pronounced differently) and there is a herb call Ashwangadha, which is also shown to regulate cortisol.

    Another thing... essential fatty acids, like your Omega 3's etc are actually beneficial to help weight loss. They are also great for skin, nails and hair. If you can get a bottle of essential fatty acids, take as directed before meals. They WILL NOT increase body fat.

    Obviously exercise will help, but it's a hard routine to maintain when one isn't used to it. I know because I struggle with it every winter. Cardio is the best, even if you can only get in 10 minutes of walking or climbing stairs at a time. Anything to burn more calories and get your heart rate up. Dance around in your underwear for 20 minutes everyday. Lol.

    Nutrition is important and the best foods are fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, and lean protiens. You can actually do a lot with healthy stuff, if you know how to put it together. Fiber is totally important too. And water.

    Finally, it COULD be a thyroid problem, which only a doctor can test for. Some people have tried everything to lose weight and when they are put on thyroid meds, things finally level out.

    If you have any questions at all, email me. allykat2@hotmail.com.

    BTW- I love the link you sent me. We definitely share some political views.

    And maybe once the weather warms, I'll take a drive up to Chi-town. We have a suit at O'Hare for Sunday night anyway, so that we don't miss our early Monday morning flight.

    Lastly, keep your head up. I know weight struggles are hard, and not fitting into clothes is the worst feeling. But it doesn't define you! Please let me know if I can do anything at all before you leave for Florida.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are the best bloggie friends a gal could want!

    thank you so much for the advice and tips.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belly stuff is the very toughest to get rid of, and tends to go last.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!