Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Babies

I got dishearting news today from 2 people close to me regarding thier pregnancies.

Pic had her ultra sound on Friday and found out she's having a little boy. However, the doctors are concerned because it looks like there might be a hole in or a mass on his heart. And the same goes for his skull as well. Other than that the doctors say he's in good size and the heartbeat was strong. They did all her blood work and rescheduled her to go back in this coming Friday or is next friday? Either way, thier keeping an eye on her baby. And like any mother would, she's panicing.

Alabama, my "1st friend in ChiTown", went in for her 6 month checkup early in december and they said everything was fine, she had a cold but the doctors were not concerned. After a week it had turned into bronchitus and she wasn't really feeling the baby move anymore. She went back into the doctor to have them tell her that her son died in the womb. She gave birth to a 1 lb 13 oz baby boy a week or so before christmas that was stillborn.

I can't imagine what they are going through but I completely understand this is completely devastating to them. And I just want to request everyone to please send thier thoughts and prayers to my 2 friends and thier families in thier time of need.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. This is too bad for both of them. I hope things get better and start to look up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I will send good thoughts their way. Suddenly my 'problems' seem a lot less important when I read about true tragedies your friends have faced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to them all.

    On the good news front - the 20 week ultrasound on next grandchild shows a 'looking just fine' boy. Mom is doing well (although she's has had some spotting, no one is unduly worried about it at this point).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!