Sunday, May 28, 2006

Continuation of Long Post

Before you read this entry, I ask that you read the one before it. *Thanks so much*

I realized I left out something I was going to talk about. Why I call myself a Kitchen Witch. What? Do I think I have better cullinary skills that most other people? No.

Kitchen Witch:
You will hear this term every once in a while.Basically, this type is one who practices by hearth and home, dealing with the practical side of religion, magick the earth and the elements. There are some who groan loudly at this type of terminology, viewing it as degrading or simply inappropriate. Just remember that the Old Religion started somewhere, and most likely the kitchen was the hub of many charms, spells, healings, and celebrations. After all, where does everyone congregate during the holidays? Grandma's kitchen has always produced magickal memories for humanity: visions of mother making that something special of a sick child still holds true today for many of us.


If you want to read about the Diff forms of "Witchcraft" read this article Which Witch is Which?

Kitchen Witchery is the most natural form of Witchcraft/Paganism that I can think of. I try and be as natural as possible when dealing with my beliefs. Handmade and crafted items (such as candles, etc) and I am learning to make alot of these items myself. Its kinda hard living with Christian parents, so my studies have been halted on those matters. However, when I bake a cake or cook dinner, I'm using my herbs and spices, they can't take that form of magick away from me.

I am also a solitary witch or natural witch.

Solitary Witch:
One who practices alone, regardless of Tradition, denomination, or sect. Solitaries come in various forms. Some were at one time initiated into a coven and eventually chose to extricate themselves from that environment and continue practicing a particular Tradition or sect by themselves. A solitary can also be an individual who has no desire to practice with or learn from a coven structure, but still may adhere to a specific Tradition or sect through the teachings of another. For example, a member of a Hereditary Family may choose to teach a close friend the art and science of the Craft, but choose not to adopt them as a Family member for any number of reasons. And finally, a solitary Witch can be a person who has decided to tough it out on their own, learning from books, networking, and fellow Witches of different Traditions. These people have the ability to pick themselves up and brush themselves off, and live to try again. More and more individuals are selecting the solitary path rather than that of group interaction. Another name for a solitary Witch is "Natural Witch." You may hear this word from time to time as well.


Some have tried to label me as a Celtic Wiccan (but I'm not wiccan so it doesn't really work, now does it?) And I don't use Gardnerian ritual, I make my own rituals.

Celtic Wicca:
The use of a Celtic/Druidic pantheon mixed with a little ritual Gardnerian, and heavily stressing the elements, nature and the Ancient Ones. They had a vast knowledge of and respect for the healing and magickal qualities of plants and stones, flowers, trees, elemental spirits, the little people, gnomes and fairies.


I observe the Wheel of the Year aka The Sabbats. Please keep in mind, I did not write the articles for the Sabbats, and so they may not relate to my belief pattern in some areas. Like I said, everyone views everything differently. I have these articles as an information tool for those who want to learn more.

I hope I have helped you learn and understand me a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!