Sunday, May 28, 2006

Warning, Long post about religion/beliefs

I'm not exactly sure where to start. So I guess maybe I'll start with ice breakers, Gods/Goddesses/Dieties and my view on them.

As I said in my earlier post, I have a Patron/Personal Goddess (Aine, Irish Pantheon) and God (Ogma, Irish Pantheon). Both of these have characteristics that I wish to bestow in to me, make my life richer, what have you (not monetarily richer, but spiritually and in general life). Now, as I see it, Gods and Goddesses are not actual human beings (altho Aine and Ogma's mythos say they were). Thier "spiritual" in they have a spirit because we believe in them, therefore they exist whithin us. If you read up on your Mythos, alot of Gods and Goddesses were portrayed as actual people. I have no facts on if they were or if these are just stories (aka Myths -- havn't gotten that far yet, but if you have, please share your findings). Incase you didn't notice, I follow an Irish/Celtic Pantheon. "Why?" Because of my ancestory. "Ok, why don't you follow your Indian Gods" you might ask. Well, honestly its because they don't really call for me to do so, or I would. I was called to the Irish/Celtic Pantheon, therefore those are my Gods and Goddesses. Now, I will not say I "worship" that Pantheon because I do not worship anything. I call on them for advice, yes. They are guides and counselors for me. In my life I choose to follow the teachings of Ogma and Aine. Yes, I do go to the other Gods and Goddesses in my pantheon. "Why do you say your an Aphrodite inspired Gemini if your Pantheon is Irish and not Greek?" you could ask. Simple, because I love to study other Pantheons. And I was called to Aphrodite in my life. I can relate to her in alot of ways. She is not my Patron Goddess, but she is my friend. (I have no Greek ancestory that I know of) I like Aphrodite, she's a really cool Goddess. But Aine is my Personal Goddess, we "chose" each other. "How can she choose you if she's not 'real'?" You could ask. Well, I meditated on the Pantheon of the Celtic/Irish. She is who "called" to me. Her and Ogma. I believe that in a spiritual way she exists. Like any christian out there can believe spiritually that Jesus is in Heaven with his father, God. (You still following me?)

So, we have that. My God and Goddess are not there for worship. I honor them in anyway I can by living my life through thier teachings and I have befriended other Diety from other Pantheons in good faith. (Sound odd?)

The Higher Power (or HP we'll call it for simplicity) is everything. Gods and Goddessse are just a piece of that HP just like every living thing on this earth. (Living as in it is born, it dies, it breaths, its living) They are a representation of parts of the HP. The parts of the HP that you wish to concentrate on more. If you notice, all Gods and Goddesses have an element/animal/something that they represent or represent them. For example, Aine is Fire and Fairies are her symbols. I love fairies and I am told I have a fiery spirit. Air fuels fire (I am an air sign, Gemini). See why we chose each other? I fuel her, I inspire her, as she does me. *grin*

If you put Earth, Air, Fire, Water and everything's Spirit together, you have the HP. (Not just Earth tho, all planets and body masses, but we'll use earth for simplicity and because I live on earth, I don't live on another planet or in another Galaxy, altho I'd probly love to visit one!) Everything has a spirit (sounds kind of like the Indians, don't it?) and all spirits are connected. When we die our bodies go back into the ground fertilizing the ground, growing grass and trees, feeding animals, which then feeds us. Its life's circle (Watch/think of The Lion King that might help ya out a little with that). "Where do our Spirits go? Do they just die?" No, I don't believe so. I think/believe/have faith that our Spirits go to be "reborn" as another life. But not just yours alone. We go back into the great HP and we are reborn again on earth (but not another planet for that matter because we are not from that planet) as something or someone else. We are all connected by our spirits. (look at people who can connect through ESP) We are all "brothers/sisters/family" because of this. (Not by blood, but because of our spirits being one) One person hurts, you can't help but hurt as well. Look at the war that going on. You have a Fallen Soldier and your heart/spirit bleeds for thier family and friends.

Now, I'm not real sure on how to explain the whole "reincarnation" part. Even that I'm fuzzy on. But simply this is it: We die, our physical bodies are put into the earth. Our "spirits/souls" are reborn again into someone or something else. But its not just one spirit/soul being reborn again into this other person/animal/plant. Somehow, we merge into each other through the HP and we're reborn that way. (Imagine the Movie Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within) "What did you do, base your beliefs off a bunch of movies? Man, your a quack" Is probly what your thinking by now. But no, If you remember from Spirits Within the Earth/Gaia has a spirit of her own. And when we die, we go back into her. And are reborn as a new lifeform. Thats what I'm gettin at. I believe that all planets out there have thier own Gaia and spirits and life forms. If we were to die on another "Gaia" our spirit wouldn't match thiers and it would create and total and completely new and diff form of life on that Planet. And it would be wonderous. We here on our Earth with our Gaia we are all children of her. She is our Mother, hence mother earth and father time. When we die she consumes us and she gives birth to us again. As new life. A never ending circle which is beautiful. We are killing her slowly and it hurts. We can feel her pain. Look at the wars. We're killing our family and our mother. And in the end thier will be nothing left, and I hope thier is enough left that something new can happen. That we havn't killed off our little part of the HP. But in that event we would go into the even greater HP (not just our Gaia, because she would be with us) and be reborn again.

But I'm running from myself. (Giggle, that happens with me alot, never could be a public speaker because of it) I hope that you are following this ok and not lost or confused. It probly sounds like a crackpot or something, but give me a chance, ok?

I'm not exactly sure how to continue with this. Christians choose to worship the HP in just one form, as an almighty form. I choose to break it down into a simpler form. (Its Geminian nature as far as I can tell and yes, thier are Pagans that are NOT gemini's but they may or may not have my exact view either, all views vary and are widely different, unless (for example) they are Wiccan and follow a specific tradition like Gardenarian (just an example here, I'm not singling anyone out). However, you will have to admit that even they have slight variances with eachother and thier own views. Even christians do. Even those that follow the same domination of christianity.

Gods and Goddesses, we have our Differing pantheons, yes. But they are the same "God or Goddess" by a different name. Look at Aphrodite and Venus. Same Goddess, different name. Ofcourse thier not going to have the same name because of thier followers being in a different part of the world. Just like we americans don't have the same language as people in Africa and Iraq, etc. And that is probly why Aphrodite calls to me from the Greek Pantheon. Because, from what I could figure, Aine is the goddess that most closely relates to Aphrodite. Cool, huh? I thought so *grin*

I use magick (I use a 'k' to differentate between magicians pulling rabbits out of thier hats and card tricks from a spiritual magick). My tools are Tarot Cards, Candles, Runes and many other Items. I have an alter (altho its packed up right now, I do live in a Christian home and try to respect my parents and thier religious beliefs for helping put a roof over my head). To me, spell casting as most would call it, is just another version of prayer. Its a more involved method of prayer. Your using the elements to ask for/pray for whatever it is that your wanting/needing. I don't ask or wish harm on anyone. I do cast "spells" and I do perform magick "rituals". Its my way of "praying" and I love it. I can feel it working and I can feel HP flowing through me while I do it. Its a wonderous feeling. I would and will NEVER use it to cause harm against someone or try and get someone to do something against thier will. "Would that work?" I don't know. But we all have free will, so I guess it would be really hard. (Thinking of the movie The Craft on this one where she makes that guy fall in love with her. Highly unlikely you could/can actually do that) I use meditation when I feel that I'm in an uncontrallable situation or confused or hurt, anything. Meditation has been a life saver for me. Its another version of "prayer" for me as well. I don't always cast spells or perform ritual. Alot of my spirituality is within me. I don't have to have alot of "pagany/witchy" stuff. I have a few select things. I always wear my pentacles, I never take them off (unless I have to for x-rays or surgery and I just feel wrong when I don't wear it).

I'm wondering if I got across what I what I ment to. And I appologize for it seeming like an abrubt cut off/ending, but If your confused or have any questions, please feel free to ask. I'd love to answer them. If you want to comment on anything I said, please do. I want to know. (Please be constructive if your going to offer criticism, tho and not beligerant because I have now opened myself up to and ask for respect in return)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!