Sunday, February 20, 2011

I Can Not Let You Walk Out That Door And Never See You Again...

I have never had anyone say this to me before, but yesterday those words came out of my new bosses mouth. Yup, you heard that right, my new boss... You see I have been applying for part time work and looking for supplemental jobs since I realized that the pet hospital wasn't going to give me what I needed or desired. That became a huge reality when I noticed they were looking for another "me". So that kind of ticked me off a bit, I want more work/hours and they're hiring someone else and come to find out the girl who trained me is quitting. Remember me telling ya'll that she and I would "share" a shift? She'd work the 1st half and I'd work the last half? Well, wouldn't it make sense if she quit to have me work the whole shift? Apperantly not, they thought I didn't want to work more hours. Really? Whatever...

So, enough rambling...

I found a job in the paper in a resort & spa like I worked at in Chicago and yes I was no where near qualified for that position listed in the paper but I got a call back to interview!! I set up a Saturday interview and I anxiously waited all week long. Finally, my chance came to try and charm my way into a postion I knew was probably too much for me but I was willing to give it my all and be damned with the consequences... All the way there (45 minute drive of nothing but Ouachita National Forest) I was praying that if they didn't hire me for the supervisor job that they'd say they needed help in accounting or SOMETHING...

After about 30 minutes of conversation and talking about me and my life and my goals and the past and the present and the future she says "You know you're not qualified for this position, right? You don't have the supervisory experience that is needed..." I said yes, but if you never take a chance then you'll never know. She responded that she agreed and said "but I can not let you walk out that door and never see you again. I want to hire you as a front desk agent. Can you start on monday??" ofcourse me, I say Are you serious? And she says "YES!" and we laugh and giggle and she says I'm great, I'm exactly what she's looking for and they just started looking for that position!! I tell her I can't on Monday because of the pet hospital but that I'll put in my 2 week notice on Monday and send her my schedule that I have and I can start immediately and come in on the days I don't work.

Tuesday is my first day!! I am so freaking happy. I am going up $ and hours. PLUS they do have billing like I did before and since I'll have my foot in the door and know the ins/outs of the company/procedures I'll have a better chance of going back to what I loved doing in Chicago!! -That is if a postion opens up in accounting. She said they do have a very low turnover. But that's ok. I can wait. And who knows what may happen in the meantime!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congragulations! I hope you 'll have a good time there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both so much! it's been wonderful so far on day 1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!