Tuesday, June 22, 2010

trying to see the bright side but still feeling held back...

Well, the visit to the doc was nothing but routine today. She doesn't feel I'm ready to be off the hormones I've been on since 2007 re: the tumor incident and she said that altho my cervix is looking healthier it still needs more time to get stronger.... I'm thinking to myself "ok, I had surgery in 2003 to remove most of it and the fucker needs over 7 years to recouperate?" I let it go.

I'm just a tad irritated. She said to do the prenatal vitamins, blah blah blah and see her again in a year and then we can re-evaluate the situation and should be able to start the ball rolling then.

She also said she's just concerned with me being heavier than I was the last time I was in her office and I explained the weight gain due to the spinal injury getting worse and then the fusion, showed her xrays, etc then she said that I should wait at least until a full year post op before actively getting pregnant to ensure I heal properly and I'll need to make sure I'm ok from the spine doc on this journey............who already said at my 6 month check up I should be fine with carrying a baby... whatever.

So I worked out today, did 3.5 miles in 43 minutes. I'm gonna lose the weight and when we get back from our honeymoon I'll go back and be 100 lbs less and I'll make her see I'm ready or I'm going to a different doc if she turns me down again.

2 comments:

  1. Keep your head-up girl. :) **Hugs** :) This is a great motivator and you are using it in such a positive way! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should always get a second opinion. It couldn't hurt.
    Just keep on doing what you've been doing and everything will work out. I wish you much luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!