Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Guest List Trauma

blogger land, please help me!

if you were planning your wedding would you:

invite aunts/uncles/cousins/family you haven't seen in over 10 years -and don't really speak to minus holiday cards?

invite people from school you have as a friend on FB but you haven't really "been friends" with them?

Invite people from work even thought you know they will not be able to make it?
invite people you've never met but are friends on facebook?

Invite a fellow blogger you've never met IRL but enjoy each other's blogging...
99% of the above most likely know you're tying the know..............is it rude to not invite them?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, but only the aunts, uncles & 1st cousins that fall into this category. As for the other family...depends on how closely related...

    No.

    This one is tricky...small office then I would invite everyone knowing they couldn't come. Big office I would only invite the people that I'm closest too even if I was having a wedding that they could make. Knowing that they won't make it you don't run the risk of hurting anyone's feelings if you invite everyone or no one. I"m sure someone else has better advice on this one.

    No unless your friendship goes past facebook...

    Same as above...

    No, it is not rude to not invite such people. Including relatives. I think as long as you keep the same line for everyone. For example, if you have 6 aunts, you can't invite 4 and not the other 2 even if you don't like them or don't speak to them.

    Remember, this is about you two...not others, but you do have to make things civil, especially when it comes to family. As for friends...there are people I thought for sure I would get invited to their wedding even if they knew I couldn't attend, but I didn't. Guess what...I lived and we remain friends. :)

    I hope some of this helps. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't invite people that were more than two people out in the family. Aunts, cousins, yes. But Great Aunts, no. And yes. Invite out of towners who can't make it. Free gifts. :)

    I'm shallow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your advice helps more than you'll ever know!! i've been on the fence so much... ugh this guest list thing is a daunting task!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!