Thursday, March 04, 2010

lets talk about work...and then Florida

Did I tell you that Akira is on medical leave? Well, she has been for the past month or so... She went and got herself knocked up and had to go on leave because she was trying to have the baby too early... Found out today that it looks like her Doc is going to let her come back until her due date. Yesterday there was a new phone list sent out and Akira's name was not on it...

Addison, Otto and I determined that they were not planning on her being able to come back. You have 3 months FMLA and that is used for maternity. She was 5 months pregnant when she left on leave.

We had a new girl start on Wednesday. I'll call her Jade which is one of the stones of us Geminis and she is a gemini like me. The starting of Jade and the coming back of Akira totally does away with my overtime. So sad.

We thought that Jade was being hired as a partner for me as a disguise to train her on Akira's job. Which turned out to be feasible until now there is a switch: Akira might be coming back.

So long story short so damn confusing... we might have a full staff again! But the sad thing is RIGHT NOW there is not enough work for me AND Jade. But there will be soon. And she's still learning and training so who knows...

I am not fully confidant that Akira is going to come back. And if she doesn't and Jade is cross trained then that leaves more work for me to do.

Taranis has been trying to get/find work in Florida. I think we're going to try and move to the armpit. Its less than a day's drive to both his mom and my family. More to his mom's but more than likely she'll be more than happy to meet us in the middle when possible.

I looked at housing and its about the same as Arkansas.  I fell in love with a ton of places already. Now all we need to do is get JOBS down there...

However I am resigned that if by the end of September if things are not looking the way we want that we will request month to month leasing and find a cheaper place to live here (closer to work preferably) and we'll buy a new car and I'm hoping for a Ford Focus like you see that Idol winner on the commercials talking about it...and look into moving (again) when that lease it us. Pray its not another 2 year lease...

2 comments:

  1. You get 12 weeks of FMLA per issue. So if she does deliver early she gets a whole new 12 weeks of FMLA. One set for pregnancy and another for the birth. That's why people who have to go out on bedrest can still take up to 12 weeks off after the birth. Of course there is no money with FMLA, just can't lose your job. But I have a sneaking suspicion you know that since you have had medical issues of your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't have to deal with snow in FL either. That's a plus.
    Good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!