Saturday, March 20, 2010

Census reflection...

Jean over at Pondering....... was inspired to write a Census reflection... which has inspired me to write my own as well...

1980 - this was the year of my birth. If March is always when the census happens then I was a weee little fetus in BioMom's tummy

1990 - I was 10 years old or well 9 going on 10. I remember loving school and having fun with the other kids in the neighborhood.

2000 - Was at the tail end of the cancer treatments (for the 1st time), living in my own apartment, my first one which became Feather's first apartment as well when she and her hubby moved into the city from the country!! (I think I remember telling ya'll about that...maybe not, i can't find a post on it...) and was in a rocky relationship.

2010 - a ton of shit has happened in the past 10 years that you all know about...but currently I'm sitting in my townhouse (still renting but that's ok) with a new car in the garage, a great job, a wonderful man and still dealing with the cancer womanly issues but i'm alive and kicking and feeling great!

what were you doing when the other census' rolled around??

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't in the US for one of them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see...

    1980~~I was going on 4 that fall and living with my mom at my grandparent's...that was the life.

    1990~~I was going on 14 that fall and living with my parents...that was so not the life.

    2000~~I was going on 24 that fall and this was the year!! I was living with my grandma, I was getting ready to start law school (the first time), I was no longer a virgin (both good and bad in this reflection...good that it happened, the act itself totally sucked! LOL), but I was getting ready to meet my man, move in with him and start one crazy ass decade! Oh yeah...got married that year too (for the first time). ;)

    2010~~I am going to be 34 this fall (OMG...I am old!!) and I'm finally getting ready to finish law school this year (after my 2nd attempt to get it right!) and I'm a mommy and I'm back with my guy (you know...the one I met 10 years ago)...

    ...boy oh boy...how life has changed over the census years!

    Great post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm alive and love life. Hi Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there. I've tagged you for a Picture This MeMe. I enjoyed it and thought you might to. I look forward to reading your story.

    http://duckydez-onceupona.blogspot.com/2010/03/picture-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, of course, a newcomer to this blog, but the author does not agree

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!