Saturday, June 06, 2009

omigod! you're doing that today?!

We all know that Joe has been teasing me with my engagement ring as well as everyone at his work who has seen this priceless piece of jewelry... He swears that our "official engagement" is MONTHS away...

Last night we were talking about the hike at Starved Rock we were going to take because my back is feeling better... I said so carelessly "proposing ontop of a cliff overlooking a beautiful lake and surrounded by nature is so romantic!!" and he said "what? no its not..." and left it at that... I had also told a friend of his that I figured that he would propose to me at Starved Rock.

Little did I know...

So we got to Starved rock and about 2 hours into our hike we come up Eagle Cliff.


I am looking out over this amazing view...


When I hear "Honey, come here"... I turn around and see this ring:


In my man's hand... he's kneeling infront of me on the bench and I hear myself say "omigod! you're doing that today?!?!!" and gasp as my eyes fill up with tears and see everyone's eyes on us as he says "Jenny, will you marry me?"



Ofcourse I said "YES" and he put it on me and this nice couple offered to take our picture where it happened...



I am so happy and swooning with Joy!

After a long ride back to "civilization" we went to the Texas de Brazil to celebrate and took a short walk around the mall...

And here we are! I got a ring on my finger I can't stop looking at and had to share with everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Way to go and congratulations Jenny. I am so glad he was able to surprise you. Beautiful ring too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats...that's a beautiful ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww!! congratulations! he picked out a beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulatons on your engagement!!!!!!!!!! How romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Ring! Congrat's, I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!