Tuesday, May 12, 2009

lets celebrate with Celebrex!

No, I am not being a smarty pants...

Saw da new doc today and he wants me on an NSAID for now and chose Celebrex. I can do that coupled with less narcotics. Tomorrow I schedule another appointment for a spinal epidural. He doesn't know why she did the last type of injection stuff but we will stick with the epidural for now with steriods and cortizone.

He feels that a partial removal of the disc would be prolonging the inevitable if i can not still get relief from these injections. Or if the pain just keeps recurring over and over and over again. I may just have to have a spinal fusion.

Tomorrow I am going to make sure all of my Longterm and Shortterm Disabilities are up to speed and I told him today that dependant on my progress when Pic gets back from Maternity Leave (who had her baby yesterday!! *squeelz*) then we would most likely go forth in the winter and do the spinal fusion.

It is not something I am looking forward to but as a relatively young woman who doese not want to take medications all the time and who would like to eventually have a baby/that means get preggers and you can't be on all this crap while preggers.... Basically it is a viable option but we're going to wait and see.

He said nothing about pressure factures and I got to take home my MRI and Xrays. You can really see that big black mass that is invading the space of the spinal nerves and causing all this pain. I am losing sensation on my skin as well and he said that is from the spinal nerves being pressed upon too much... I think I got that right...

We will see!!! He wants to compare my Xrays & MRIs from Nov 05 to Last year to This year so while I am in Arkansas I'll be picking those up from the hospital.

Time to made din din! I am making STUFFED SHELLS... YUMMY!!

2 comments:

  1. This doctor seems to know what they are doing a lot more than your previous one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I completely understand where you are coming from. I am glad you found a doc that does more than shove narcotics down your throat. A very good sign!
    I can't speak for everyone, but my fusion surgery was not nearly as bad or painful as I feared it would be. I had an excellent surgeon, which makes all the difference in the world. I'd heard so many horror stories about bad fusion complications, and my family back home was against me getting the whole thing done. Surgery was a scary thing...

    It wasn't a miracle cure for me, but it helped the problems that stemmed from the levels we fused in my spine. My recovery has been slow, and physical therapy was hard as hell sometimes. But I'm a big wuss, and if I can handle a neck fusion, you can definitely handle a lumbar one. And just like you, if I want kids, I have to be in better shape so that I can take care of them, and can't be pregnant on all kinds of medication. So, now is the time for me to try and become as strong as possible- then I can be prepared for a future with a baby, if that's what I want.

    I think you are on the right track, dearest.

    Enjoy your time in Little Rock BTW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!