Wednesday, April 22, 2009

let the blogtimes roll!!

Today I am posting over at Whys Perspective and he is posting here. We are taking part of the 20SB blogswap :)

I must say when they hooked us up they couldn't have picked 2 different types of blogs to mix together. With his being about work and careers, etc and mine being about the life I live on a daily basis. But I think that being a career woman myself and him being a funny guy we came together pretty well!

Now... on to TJ!


Well, I'll be damned. I didn't expect to be here. No, not worrying about zombies. We all know the zombie-pocalypse is inevitable, so a bit of worry is natural and to be expected.

Actually, I'm startled because I've found my way onto someone else's personal blog courtesy of a blog swap. I thought it would be easy when I signed up, and then I found out I had managed to barge my way into someone else's life. After all, what the hell do you care about me? You've never met me, and so far as I can tell, I'm not particularly interesting to people or dogs that know I don't have food.

Sure, I write two blogs and contribute to a third, but it's not really a sharing my life kind of thing, so I'm not used to trying to make myself interesting. One blog is for work. One blog is for advocating for liberty. And the third is just a nice little corner of the internet where I'm allowed to be an asshole because it's impossible to reach through the monitor and punch me. But I struggle when thinking about what to share about my day-to-day life.

I realize, though, that there have to be a few interesting things about me that I normally wouldn't ever get to post, so maybe I can use this opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and share a few interesting facts about myself. And now, ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration, enjoyment, and (likely) derision, here are a few things about me that I've never told the blogosphere before:

1. I have a sombrero in the back of my car. You just never know when you'll run into a fiesta, and you need to be ready for that. I keep telling myself that I will pick up a fifth of tequila to store in it. Then I'll be 100% A+ Fiesta Ready.

2. I'm alternating between writing this post and drafting some psychological reports and I'm a little terrified that a sentence from one or the other is going to jump windows and halfway through the report I'm drafting a sentence is going to crop up about fiestas or halfway through this post a sentence about the validity of a test profile is going to appear.

3. I'm not sure if I'm proud or ashamed of that last sentence. It's long, and I'm trying to decide whether it's a run-on.

4. Validity scales indicate that Mr. Smith approached the testing in a... just kidding. ;)

5. Last week at my security job, I busted a 72-year-old woman for shoplifting, and she had a bird with her. She then let the bird out, and I had to tell her to put away her bird. That's when things got surreal. She said, "Would you like to let it climb on your finger?" I said, "No, ma'am, I would not like to play with your bird." She came back with, "Yeah, you'd probably try to kill it." I can honestly tell you that on my very, very long list of things I never expected to happen to me, a 72-year-old thief accusing me of having some sort of malign intent as regards her bird was listed as being much less likely than me scoring with super-babe Megan Fox. And I think that means I'm now guaranteed to score with Megan Fox. Sweeeet.

6. I have decided that the sentence on number two is cool by me. It's not quite Tom Wolfe, but it's by no means an abomination.

7. Since Jenny is from Chi-town, I guess it bears mention that I happened to be there last week with some friends. Why? To see the Colorado Rockies play the Chicago Cubs. On the way to Midway for our departing flight, we had a bum accost us, and then some random gangsta decided that he wanted to try to start a fight with us. I believe I will be flying into O'Hare in the future.

8. On that same trip, we discussed setting a friend up with a woman. For their date, his job was to pretend that he was a Ninja Turtle without ever saying as much. This is easier than it sounds. We thought that he could call himself, "Leo," say his favorite color is blue, tell her that he works in the family business, loves pizza, has a rivalry with a shredder, etc. Then, at the very end of the date, he would jump from the table, yell "Turtle Power!" and run out the door, leaving the confused woman to ask "Why me?" The one of us who knew her said, "You know, she's actually a very nice person. Maybe we shouldn't crush her." We all laughed.

9. It is taking all the will power I have not to end this post with some sort of pithy tenth item created with the specific purpose of forcing this list to have ten items.

10. Will power FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!