Sunday, February 08, 2009

how soon is too soon??

it's not official, we're not officially engaged. that comes with the ring. there is 2 reasons as to why we're going on vaca next month. 1-so daddy and Joe can have some alone time to talk. 2- so i can finally meet his mom before we're official.

to keep me occupied and because we know we're moving and i want to make sure all my ducks are in a row, i've been "planning" the wedding... just small little details but nothing that is set in stone. we believe we have the date. and we MIGHT have the location. i've already asked my sister Raquel if she'd be offended if we got married at the same place she did and she said she'd be honored and it would be beautiful!



That's a picture of the setup that she used. How beautiful is that setting?? And right next to it is a hall/pavilion that is really nice too. Its up on one of the mountains in Arkansas. I wish I could show more pictures but for the animonity of my family I can't right now...

Who thinks I'm jumping the gun here on the planning? Who thinks its a good idea to discuss these things and get a plan started for savings and coordinating? I can't tell you the date (yet) just know that its within the next 2 years... All the wedding sites I see start planning the year before the date, however those brides I'm sure are not juggling moving and job changes within months of the big day either...

6 comments:

  1. Wow that is a beautiful setting. Very relaxed but classic. Eeeeek so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh. a little mystery. I will have to try to figure that one out! I miss my beautiful Arkansas! Lucky you that you will get married there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well - I offer my (soon to be) congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The important thing is that in the end, you get hitched!! ;)

    It's been 26 years for me, some of them pretty rough, even though I love the woman.

    See, from my point of view, the thing is the commitment. That even when it sucks, and odds are it will from time to time (don't mean to get you down) that the vow means something.

    That both of you will stick around and bust your ass to make it work.

    Because in the end. It truely is worth it.

    Six kids, two grandkids, and a whole lot of getting called on my own shit later.... I wouldn't trade it for the world.

    Good lord I was clueless when I was 20, and I'm glad of that, 'cause I might have run for cover if I had know what this life would have required of me.

    So, after the last couple of years of following you - off and on - I gota say, Mazal Tov (A lucky Star shine upon you)

    You have it in you to be second to none.,.and I truely believe in you.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. That reminds me of Arkansas! I can't believe how much I miss living there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!