Monday, December 01, 2008

you are what you eat...

i guess that means we're turkeys!!

Thursday: Traditional Turkey Day Dinner
Friday Morning: Turkey & Scrambled Eggs w/ Cranberry Sauce as Jelly on Toast
Saturday: 2nd Thanksgiving Dinner...Literally
Sunday: Turkey Soup --which we forgot about after eating it and ended up in the garbage disposal this morning...it was really good too!!!
Monday: Lunch was Turkey Melts and Dinner will be Pulled Turkey BBQ Sandwiches.

And we have 6 bags (1 meal each) in the freezer. I thankfully have a cookbook that says "What to do with all that leftover Turkey..." 1 of those frozen packets is waiting for Christmas for Turkey & Dressing with Spiral Ham, Deviled Eggs, Garlic Mashed Tators, Corn...and no telling what else we decide to make. For dessert I'm thinking Apple Pie or Apple Cobbler.

I can't believe we got such a huge turkey for free from his work. Last year we had gotten one as well and never used it. We told Crystal she could for her family.. and we never got any of it, how sick is that??

I'm not eating after today until christmas...

2 comments:

  1. Since I'm a vegetarian I didn't fill myself with turkey. But I did eat a lot of pumpkin and apple pie. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are turkey crazy! Very creative uses for the leftover bird. I do love warmed up turkey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!