Wednesday, July 09, 2008

1 year of ...

Happiness, Close Calls, Emotional Roller coasters and most importantly... Our Love

Where did you meet?
Online playing the Game SneezyMud

Do you remember what he/she was wearing?
Well, I can remember what character he was playing: it was Cornwall

Where was the first time you kissed this person?
Starbucks parking lot

Where did you go for your first date?
Can't really count the day we met up 1/2 way between on my way back from Raquel & Hunter's wedding so it'd have to be a few weeks after that when we went to Tree Guys Pizzeria in Itasca.

How long did you know this person before you became a couple?
I'd say a few months.

How did he/she ask you out?
it just kinda happened, I don't remember if it was asked of one of us to the other

Has this person ever proposed to you?
not yet...we've looked at rings tho

Do you and this person have kids together?
no, but we're currently working on Baby #1 (maybe #2 if we're lucky)

Have you ever broken the law with this person?
does speeding count?


When was the first time you realized that you liked this person?
when i he pulled up beside me in the Starbucks parking lot and still kissed me and hugged me even tho I was hot, sweaty, icky & probably stinky as well from driving 16 hours with NO air conditioner and 1 bitchy cat.

Do you get along with his family?
I have yet to meet his family

Do you trust this person?
Yes

Do you see them as your partner in your future?
Yes

What is the most expensive thing they gave you?
does his Heart Count? everything else we have we got together...

What is one thing he/she does that gets on your nerves?
his snoring

What is the thing you do that gets on his/her nerves?
Probably everything

Where do you see each other in 15 years from now?
living in Arkansas on the land in Cabot raising our future children.

What causes the most arguments?
my hormones & the pills I'm on


As some of you have probably guessed (the smarter ones of you that is) our 1 year anniversary is coming up in a few days. 5 to be exact...

Once upon a time in a spring day in 2007 I'm playing sneezymud and out of nowhere I get a message from this guy saying "so you live in Illinois, too?". From that day forward my life has make a total and complete turn around. It started out anticipating when I could get off work, log into the game and talk to him online. Slowly we progressed to IMs on Yahoo and before you know it we're talking on the phone and making plans to meet. Particularly on my way *TO* Arkansas for my sister's wedding... I get lost and the day that changed my life forever is postponed until my trip *back* to Illinois from the wedding.

I was so nervous. I was totally disgusting as well. 16 hours with no a/c driving with the windows *UP* because my Drake does not like the windows down in the blazer *Le sigh*. I showed up a few moments before Joe did. I was debating on getting a nice cold sweet treat from Starbucks when he pulled up and stepped out his truck. My heart stopped. My breath caught in my lungs. He was *SO MUCH CUTER* than his pictures. (That's always a fear that they look nothing --bad nothing-- like their photos when you meet someone from online) and my Joe is/was completely handsome! He literally took my breath away. I was so nervous I thought I was going to pass out.

And he hugged me. And kissed my forehead. We sat down and started chatting. I was so tired. I leaned against him and put my head on his shoulder and breathed in deeply his scent. Already I was falling. He was too good to be true.

Sadly our time had to end. I had to get back to the House and unpack my cat (along with a truck load of shit outta storage) and he had to get to work. And he kissed me. It was so soft and passionate... I'll never forget the first time we kissed. It was the amazing perfect kiss anyone could ever wish to have. And to top it all off, the cherry on the ice cream sundae -- he gave me a cute wittle stuffed puppy with his cologne sprayed on it.

When I finally made my way back to the house (another 2 hours later) I took Drake inside and we crashed on my bed...all the while me praying this is not a dream I'm having at the rest area I'd had pulled over in at 3am because I couldn't drive anymore. That Joe was real and he had kissed me and promised he'd see me soon...

A few weeks later I get a phone call that he's in the area. It was a total surprise, I never expected him to show up so soon! We went out to eat and he ended up staying the night (no, i wont share the details) and sadly he had to leave again. Around this time (beginning of July) is when things start getting messy. He's freaking out about me, I'm spazzing about him. I end up "breaking up with him" and we "get back together" and then he "disappears for a few days" and then he shows back up again... We agree to be friends (ahem, yea right) and we talk about him moving into the House I'm living in with Crystal & her husband.

Of course she says yes (more money in her pocket) and at first we're sneaking around behind their backs and We're staying that we're "just friends"... Finally we just admit it (like 2/3 months later--around thanksgiving) that we are together and people can just deal if they don't like it. And that we've pretty much been together since (tada! July 15) of 2007. Talk about your denials! I think it was mostly me tho... The whole "not wanting to get hurt...If I don't admit that I'm *into him* then I can't be hurt".

So here we are! January I was laid off from my major source of income and he stood by me and helped support me while I was looking for work. Late January we moved into the Condo where we are living today. We've had some misunderstandings and we've had our goods times and nothing that's been really bad... We've had an argument or 2 but nothing to really get tipsy over. We were laughing and back to ourselves prefight within 15 minutes after they started anyways.

I find it amazing that we can spend every moment together (minus the 9 we spend apart due to work a day) and still be able to stand each other. We commute together. We eat all meals minus lunch together. Sometimes we even shower together. Including the fact that we're currently having MORE sex than usual because of the whole "lets make a baby" routine... Oh! And we still play sneezymud together. I read another gal's blog tonight who's LiveInBF needs space because of the above and I immediately asked Joe if he feels like we're being smothered by each other and he said "No, we're good." That's a relief! I was seriously worried about that.

So for our anniversary we're going out for dinner on Tuesday night. I can't remember the name of the place. But I'm sure it'll be perfect. Since we share finances I think we're going to each take xxx amount of dollars and do something or get something for the other... That's still up in the air. With mixed finances you can't really be "spontaneous" and surprise the one you love (unless you have separate credit cards..which we might have to do for these instances).

Well, I hope you didn't get too bored or disgusted by our Love Story. Our First Year together.

A MOMENT LIKE THIS (Kelly Clarkson)

If I told you it was all meant to be,
Would you believe me
Would you agree
It's almost that feeling that we met before
So tell me that you don't think I'm crazy
When I tell you love has come here and now

A moment like this
Some people wait a lifetime
For a moment like this
Some people search forever
For that one special kiss
Oh I can't believe it's happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this.

Everything changes but beauty remains
Something so tender
I can't explain
Well I may be dreaming but till I awake
Can we make this dream last forever
And I'll cherish all the love we share

A moment like this
Some people wait a lifetime
For a moment like this
Some people search forever
For that one special kiss
Oh I can't believe it's happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this

Could this be the greatest love of all
I wanna know that you will catch me when I fall
So let me tell you this
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this

Some people wait a lifetime
For the moment like this
Some people search forever
For that one special kiss
Oh I can't believe it's happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this

Oh Oh like this

Oh Oh Oh Oh
Some people search forever, oh yeah yeah
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this

Oh like this

3 comments:

  1. Again, congrats on this milestone.

    Happily ever after is possible in the real world.

    The difference is that real world happily ever after is not effortless or even easy. It requires real, determined, unwavering committement to making it work and a fair amount of effort in the putting someone esle's needs/wants ahead of one's own department. If both people will do that, you get your happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You definitely sound like me!!! I'm sort of doing the samething with a guy friend of mine. I secretly have the BIGGEST crush on him but only tell my friends that he's a friend just because I don't want to set myself up for being hurt or let down again. I see him tomorrow night and I am as nervous as can be! Thank goodness for wine! Wish me luck! Oh and if he isn't into me, that's ok because hopefully someday someone will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really nice. I like this a lot. Happy Anniversary! Celebrate one more and many more to come. How's the no-smoking thing going?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!