Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fw: This Might Have Continued Indefinitely Had It Not Been for the Robbery

omigod! this so reminds me of my 'run in' with the non english speaking employees of mcd's yesterday.
 
I walk in, tell the girl behind the counter I want a number 8. she says "excuse me, i no" and gets a blank look on her face. i said "burrito special, meal, number 8" and she continues to stare at me with that blank look. finally i said, get your supervisor. and she turns away and this OTHER mexican comes back with her and thier gabbing in spanish back and forth. i said "do you mind speaking ENGLISH, I want a number 8!" Then the cashier AND the supervisor give me the blank dumb stare and I finally held up my hands 5 fingers on right, 3 on left. and said "Count them, 1 *counted all 8 fingers* the burrito meal, breakfast burrito. NUMBER 8. Breakfast burrito meal." FINALLY, the supervisor goes "oh! ok! we get you a burrito breakfast meal, numbwa aiyt, what to dink?" I ordered my vanilla iced coffee and ran outa the door.
 
PISSES me off! you come to this country, LEARN TO SPEAK THE FUCKING LANGUAGE!

----- Forwarded Post -----
From: Overheard in New York
Published: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 11:36:01 AM
Headline: This Might Have Continued Indefinitely Had It Not Been for the Robbery

Customer: Hi, I'd like a ham and cheese sandwich, please.
Deli worker: We're out of roast beef.
Customer: A ham and cheese sandwich, please.
Deli worker: I told you, there's no roast beef.
Customer, slower: A sandwich with ham and cheese?
Deli worker: But there's no roast beef.

--Broadway & Exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!