Friday, January 26, 2007

Curse of the Chevy

A few weeks ago my check engine light came on. Went to a mechanic, he hooked it up to diagnostics. Cause: I didn't put the gas cap on tight enough. Effect: loss of pressure in the tank causing the light to come on.

Ok, no big deal.

Now I'm waiting for a call to make an appointment next week to get my car checked out because the other day on the way home from work it felt like it was about to die out and the airbag light was comming on as well as the ABS brake lights comming on & off with the gas gauge goign hayire. When I described to them what was going on they said it sounds electrical. They are suppose to check it out, but they have alot of appointments and will call me back to make one for next week. Said to take it easy and its an electrical short or loose wires from rough roads I should be ok as long as I don't over do her.

Ok, kinda big deal but I can tolerate it for now. I just wonder if my pocket book can.

This morning I go to get the emissions tests done. I can't go... My rear tire is flat. I just hope is random air loss, but I doubt it. It wasn't that way lastnight and its really low this morning. I have a feeling I'm going to be digging for loose change for a new damn tire when its already a new tire!

I. REALLY. REALLY hate vehicles and owning one! One damn issue after another. Well, used vehicles. Ontop of it being a chevy. I'm bad luck with Chevy. My dad's Silverado's gas pump went out on it when I was driving it. Mom's Blazer had a few issues when I was driving it. My Corsica blew up on me as well as my Lumina. I said I'd never own another Chevy. And look at me, I bought a blazer. How stupid.

I've never had an issue with my Hyundai Elantra. Never had a problem with my Fords or Dodges. Its just Chevy. I'm cursed.

2 comments:

  1. "Sounds electrical"

    Wow! I wonder how many years of specialized training he needed to come up with that hypothesis.

    "Wull, damn, it sure do sound like it might be dat dere electrical. Either that or the UFOs wus flying over right then."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!