Thursday, September 24, 2009

Internet is Broken

Yay for blackberries! So I can tell you all about it!!

Our DSL modem busted tues night. What a glorious thing to wake up to! It just stopped poof no more, it moved on.

So we called comcast to see what kind of deal they could give us, right? Because they are our tv provider and we their so-called commercials on tv.

Haha. "Deal" is $45 a month plus taxes and then added equipment fees for about $7 a month. Plus $145 for the modem and another $50 for them to hook it up because they have to "put in a special line" if we don't want it in the living room with the tv.

I wasn't happy with those numbers nor was I happy that my broke ass had to pay upfront.

So I called at&t who is my DSL provider and told them hey look the modem I bought 3 yrs ago busted. She pulled up my account said the warranty expired but they are sending me a free one no extra fees and all I had to do was upgrade to a faster tier for $5 month more. Ha! We're stayin with at&t!!!!

And when my shiney new modem comes in I'll catch up on ya'lls blogs.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

5 comments:

  1. I love AT&T even though I got into an argument with a manager over my Cell phone Bill. Sometimes you just have to suck it up if you want to stay with the best. I'm glad it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hope that gets fixed really soon. I abhor dealing with cable companies. I wish stuff would just WORK. I'll have to keep AT&T in mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be missed... Keep us updated on your progress with the modem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AT&T is a lot better. We have Comcast cable, phone and TV because it's the only thing available out here in the sticks but were are constantly having problems with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lyn: i use to have at&t cellphone service but my ex fixed that one for us by not paying the bill when we split up. ugh. now i can't get one because i was a co signer. yay for sprint!

    bayjb: at&t has this uverse thing i wish i knew about before: phone, tv, etc etc all kinds of bundles made your way.. oh well. by the time we need service again maybe i can get AT&T for the home.

    thanks J'Lynn!

    Mejis yea if we would have done our research i could have made alot better decision on tv and stuff but it was a fast move and where we were living before only had comcast. and now: what's done is done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!