Friday, June 02, 2006

Thanksgiving in June

As most of you know, My Bro Swift and his wife and Kids have been in Africa for the past year, until about a month ago. Well, Swift got back about 2 weeks ago. They'll be leaving again in about 2 weeks.

Last year the Girls (They have 3 daughters) were dissapointed because they couldn't have thanksgiving with the family. So, MomI had the awesome idea of having thanksgiving in June for the girls. I am stuffed. We had Turkey, Ham, Mashed Potatoes, PIZZA!, develled eggs, green beans, corn, potatoe salad, Nachos, you name it -- we had it I bet! Dessert we had Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Peach Cobbler (No, I didn't make it this time -- that's usually Gramma's deal when she's up to it or not in Missouri working with her Shelter up there) I told MomI thier is NO way I'm having thanksgiving a 2nd time around. Its bad enough eating TurkeyDay leftovers once a year wihtout adding on a week of it, in the Summer no less!

For those of you just tuning in, Swift is a Missionary and a Masonist (Not the religious chapter/sect but the brick and morter kind). His wife is a teacher. They went to Africa to teach the Native people there about God/Christianity and how to build proper homes and give the children (and adults) a better education. Swift was so impressed with my Office/Secretary skills he said I could go with them. Altho it would be a great opportnity, I turned him down. Reluctantly, I might add!

Gramma is a Preacher. She founded a local church here/shelter. She went to Missouri and did the same thing. Daddy is the co-pastor of a Local Church and MomI is a sunday school teacher. AuntDB is the current Pastor of Gramma's church here. So, Needless to say, religion wise, I am the blacksheep of the family!

2 comments:

  1. Feels good to be the blacksheep, dosent it?
    Lucky thing we only sacrifice goats.............

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I always enjoy the insight and views from my readers. Have a fantabulous day!!